As state champion coaches and students begin planning for nationals, here is a checklist to help you prepare:
1. Send NCL photos of your team competing at state to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Make hotel reservations.
3. Send your state champion form to NCL (this was in the packet you received from your state coordinator when you won the state competition).
4. Warm up with the practice TeamSmarts quizzes available now through March 31.
5. Coaches, mark your calendars to join the LifeSmarts staff for a coach conference call on March 28 (5 p.m. Eastern) or April 3 (3 p.m. Eastern) – the same information will be covered on both calls, plan to join us for one of them.
6. Practice (use the Daily Quiz, LifeSmarts Daily Calendars, and as many practice quizzes as you can to have fun prepping with your team).
7. Design a team T-shirt to enter into the LifeSmarts T-shirt competition.
8. Choose gifts for your Sister Team.
9. Students are encouraged to apply to serve on the 2012-13 LifeSmarts Student Advisory Board. New this year, students must apply jointly with their coach – applications are open now and due April 6.
10. Pack your sweat suit, download "Eye of the Tiger," and get ready to run up the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum like Rocky himself!
Be sure to watch this blog for more news about Nationals.
Good luck and see you all at the National Championship!